Sunday, January 14, 2007

Ice Fishing

This afternoon I finally got to go ice fishing for the first time this year! Along with my Dad, and my two Great Uncles, and my uncles friend, we caught a total of 8 fish. Although it was absolutely freezing out side, I managed to wrangle in a couple perch, even though they weren't that big, my uncle let me keep them anyway. Due to the cold weather we only stayed out about 3 hours but it was fun. I don't have any pictures but maybe next time I go I can capture a picture of my prize!


"Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet: All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field; The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas. O Lord our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!"

Psalms 8:6-9

1 comment:

Goldfish said...

When our family went on a trip to California, my dad wore a cap that said, "I'd rather be ice fishing." (later, he thought maybe he shouldn't of worn it, but he had gotten it as a Christmas present...oh, well :) Anyway... we stopped at a gas station to fill up and the cash register person asked what ice fishing was. They thought that maybe it was fishing for ice!! :D :D :D:D