Thursday, February 1, 2007

Drop Kick Me Jesus

Dropkick me, Jesus, through the goal posts of life
End over end, neither left nor to right
Straight through the heart of them righteous up rights
Dropkick me, Jesus, through the goal posts of life.
Make me, Oh make me, Lord, more than I am
Make me a piece in Your master game plan
Free from the earthly temptations be low
I've got the will, Lord, if You got the toe.
Bring on the brothers, who've gone on before
And all of the sisters, who've knocked on your door
All the departed, dear, loved ones of mine
Stick 'em up front in the offensive line.

Recorded by Bobby Bare, words and music by Paul Craft

When I was up with my Grandpa this is one of the songs we sang, and I thought that it was quite fitting, since the Super Bowl is coming up this weekend. So who is going to win the Colts or the Bears?




3 comments:

Kris said...

Hello Kris, that is a very fitting quote for the weekend. Lookin forward to the weekend for bowling again. O I tell ya the only time I make a Granny Ball...the picture is taken! And I am rooting for the Colts! How about you?

Your Friend Amanda

Kris said...

Sorry about not letting Anonumous poeple leave comments, Amanda. Good thing you were sitting right beside me in class! :)

Goldfish said...

My cousin is rooting for the Bears. Sorry, I have no knowledge of football!