Friday, June 22, 2007

The Hour at the Oral Surgeon!

Before (as in Monday) that is my brother by the way!

Well my mouth is still numb, they said it would be for about 12-24 hours! have you ever tired to drink out of a water bottle when half of our bottom lip is so numb that it might as well not be there! ha ha I drooled on myself a few times! oops [smile] what is even funnier is putting chap stick on... good thing it wasn't lipstick or I would have some odd colored teeth right about now! well I can eat are "soft" foods! that is always fun, so I have some ice cream, yogurt, and some soup!

After (I am pointing to the side that is puffy... if you couldn't tell!)

I am not out of the clear just yet there is still a chance that I could get dry socket, when my socket in my jaw gets dry, I hear it is quite painful, but on the upside, since I don't smoke, am not on birth control, and I am under the age of 21, I only have about a 1% chance of this happening to me.

After, My smile is just not the same! (Do you see the side of my mouth it a little droopy!)

The surgery itself went well I guess, except that he had to try 3 times before her got an Ive in my arm, apparently I have strong veins! After that I remember him asking me if I was feeling dizzy, I said "Yeah I was going to ask if I should feel dizzy... the next thing I remember was waking up an hour later with gauze in my mouth, and a little drowsy. But that didn't stop me, I had shopping to do! [grin] Everyone thought I was crazy, but it really didn't hurt...in fact it still doesn't, the bottom right corner of my face is still numb!

Trust in the Lord, and do good; [so] shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring [it] to pass.
Psalm 37:3-5

A quick pray request: My Uncle, Harry, has just been diagnosed with prostate cancer, the doctors are optimistic that they can cure it but, extra prayer can't hurt any! :) I know that God is looking out for him, But... I am not sure if he is saved, so that is my main concern right now, just pray for salvation, and healing.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Ohhhh....ouch!!! Here's hoping that you feel better much soon.

Loved your Piggly Wiggly story!! LOL! From now on, I'll think of you whenever I hear that store's name! :D

Missin' ya!

Me said...

Hey Kris! I hope you feel better soon! I had my back teeth taken out, and I hated it!! I know it's not the same as your surgery, but it still totally stunk! (not as in it "smelled" you know what I mean lol)Well, ttyl!!

Ginger said...

That does not sound like fun! Although I loved that you went shopping afterwards that is great!lol...
Ginger

Unknown said...

You don't look that bad in your puffy face picture. Thank you for posting one. You are very brave. When I had my wisdom teeth 'extracted' I was really fuzzy feeling afterwards. There was no way I could have shopped! I remember that I tried to swallow an Ibuprofen while my mouth was numb and it didn't go done, but I didn't discover that for about 15 minutes. Oh well. I'm glad your surgery went well!