Friday, June 29, 2007

"Good Soil"



After a few days, and many hours of toil, our garden is once again good soil! [ smile ] Tonight my mom and I finally finished weeding the garden, or rather de-weeding! I have dirt permanently embedded in my hands, and I think I was starting to fit in with the plants a little to well, for my shoulders are nice and BEET red! But I think working cows today at the vet clinic helped that along just a bit.

On Wednesday, on my way home from work, I quite literally had one of those near death experiences...! well I was driving home, not speeding, on my side of the road going up a hill, as I crested the hill, there was a blue mini van, coming right at me! turns out it was trying to pass a white car...on a hill! I slammed on my breaks, and the white car swerved into the ditch and the mini van pulled back in to the right lane, I was stunned! luckily the white car was able to regain control and pull out of the ditch and no one was hurt... the rest of the way home(about 5 miles) was shaking, and just kept repeating "Thank You Lord" over and over again! I was in "shock, utter shock!" [grin] I am so glad that the lord was looking out for me, and the rest of the people involved in the "almost accident", it was quite a day.'
"O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever."
1 Chronicles 16:34


Tomorrow my family is leaving for Medora, North Dakota for a couple days. We go to the Medora Musical on Saturday, then on Sunday my Dad, Uncle, Cousin, and I go golfing at Bully Pulpit. It is a lot of fun, and so beautiful in the badlands! Well I should probably cut this short and pack...cause, ya know I just LOVE to pack! ha ha I actually just finished some ironing, by the way Grandma my new iron works great...THANK YOU!

2 comments:

Goldfish said...

Praise the Lord you are okay!! I know how scary that can be -- a couple years ago when I was driving the boys to school, I slid on the ice and into ditch. The boys and I weren't hurt and God provided someone to pick us up that we knew!! But, it is soooo scary!

On a lighter note, I saw a Piggly Wiggly yesterday in Wisconsin! :D

Me said...

Really pretty pix!! Did you take them? Well, even if you didn't, they're awesome!!!