Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Blessed Assurance



Our pastor had a really really good sermon on Sunday. What blessed assurance we have knowing that Jesus died on the cross to take away the sin of the world! Knowing that he died to set us free. I was sitting in church on Easter Sunday, and even though I have heard the story so many times, it still brought tears to my eyes, He gave his life for me, I don't deserve it, God knows all I have done, any yet through his son I know I have a place waiting for me in heaven! It is like a breath of fresh air every time I hear the story. And the song Blessed Assurance, fits right in with the sermon.

"Greater love hath no man than this; that a man to lay down his life for his friends."
John 15:13

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not parish, but have everlasting life."
John 3:16

No comments: