Thursday, December 28, 2006

Seeing Spots

Today I had the privilege to spend most of the day in a local dairy, examining cows with the vet. As you may know I am looking into being a Vet Tech, so I talked to the local vet clinic and got the okay to come and, hang out with them more or less, to get the feel of what it would be like and what the job would entail.
My adventures so far entail, watching a cat get a fish hook cut out of its lip, checking up on some lame horses and sadly we had to put a mini down, then we got to pump a dogs stomach because it ate a lot of chocolate, and today I was spit up on by a calf while pumping fluid into its stomach, checking out a whole bunch of sick dairy cows, here I was lucky enough to get to listen to heart beats and breathing, then after that we did ultra sounds on 10 ewes to check it they were pregnant or not. It was over all a great experience and I can't wait to go back!

No comments: