Saturday, June 21, 2008

Always check the screen!

So I am watching my Boyfriends cat, Fred, and his Dog, Angus, while he is in the panhandle for a family reunion this weekend. Everything thing has been going fine until...I decided to open a window for him on the back porch to cool it off last night, needless to say from the title, I didn't check the screen, I just opened the window and left. About 10 minutes later my roommate comes in and asks were Fred was and I said on the porch, he was like oh I couldn't find him... so we went to investigate, and after searching the room high and low and wondering where he could be hiding... I was just saying "well he was here when I opened the window..." and all the sudden the light came on. I pushed on the screen and the whole thing like fell out the window! So in my state of panic, that I had just lost the beloved cat... we rounded up a posy and headed out with flash lights at midnight in search for the lost Fred.


Luckily we found him... with the help of Myah, we successfully got Fred back to safety away from the savage neighborhood dogs, and back to the porch... where I was sure to check all the other window screens before leaving him for the second time.



Talk about getting your blood pumping before one tries to go to sleep! Thankfully everything turned out ok though, and Fred lives to see another day! Stay tuned for more, Lost Fred Adventures... Just kidding lets hope there are no more of those.

2 comments:

Josiah and Abi Wissmann said...

How are you?? It's been forever since I've heard anything! Are you still going to school in NE? Miss seeing you, or having you visit now and then. Blessings on your Christmas!

~Abi

Josiah and Abi Wissmann said...

PS--Glad you found the cat!!:)